Residential customers who wish to establish utility service with the city must first complete a Utility Service Application. Upon submiting the application, the customer must provide a photo ID issued by a state or federal agency. The customer will also be asked to provide their SSN.
If you are a commercial customer, please complete this form: Commercial Service Application
Other requirements to establish service include:
- Service address
- Mailing address to receive billings
- Spouse or co-occupant information
- Any past due balances or previous accounts sent for collections must be paid in full.
- Security deposit must be submitted applicable to the types of services requested.
- A copy of your rental agreement or deed showing purchase of property.
- State issued drivers license with photo (preferred)
- State issued ID card with photo (Sallisaw will only accept Oklahoma Issued ID only)
- Tribal ID with photo
- Military ID with photo
- Federal government issued Visa or Permanent Resident Card
- SSN (Required). A SSN is also required for co-account owners.
Identity Protection The City of Sallisaw is required to establish an Identity Theft Protection Program under the regulations and guidelines of the Federal Trade Commission Red Flag Rules. Accordingly, customers are required to provide proof of identity when requesting utility services, as well as, when there is an additional need to verify identity (i.e. issuing refund checks, transferring services, discussing account transactions).
As part of our Identity Protection Program, the City of Sallisaw will verify names and Social Security Numbers given as identification. Based on the information given by the customer, the customer should be prepared to provide additional identification if requested. New and existing utility accounts will continually be monitored for any activity that may indicate the possibility of identity theft.